We have sold Bamboo socks for the past few years at our clinic, and I am asked why? This blog will answer this question. I would like to thank Bamboo Village for this information, as they wrote this more succinctly than I every could, and I will add my own little story at the end.
People sometimes wonder why those who try our bamboo socks often refuse to wear anything else but our great bamboo socks afterwards. There are many reasons why people fall in love with our bamboo socks, not least because they are genuinely better for your feet. Here’s why:
- Walk in greater comfort – The superior comfort really treats your feet beautifully – wave goodbye to rubbing, chafing and discomfort. The high quality bamboo socks that we supply are gently cushioning, as if the wearer is walking on thick carpet. This helps maintain wonderful comfort levels for your feet throughout the day.
- Enjoy the right temperature -Unlike other fabrics, this comfort can be maintained in all kinds of temperatures, thanks to the thermo-regulating fabric. Feet need to ‘breathe’ to stay healthy and the bamboo fabric allows feet to stay cool in the heat and stay comfortably warm on colder days.
- Avoid moisture – Feet should stay dry to avoid fungal infections and other uncomfortable conditions. Bamboo fabric helps wearers keep pleasantly dry feet thanks to the hollow structure of the fibres which makes it super-absorbent. This means that the material effectively wicks moisture away from the skin. Bamboo is very breathable and far better in this respect than cotton or wool socks.
- Eliminate odour – Most people would like their feet to remain fresh and odour-free. Our bamboo socks are composed of naturally anti-bacterial bamboo fibres which drastically reduce foot odour. In fact, tests by the Japanese textile industry have shown that this bamboo fabric eliminates over 70% of introduced odour-creating bacteria. Naturally, this is a very pleasant benefit in addition to the superior comfort of the socks.
- Care for your skin – Sensitive skins are well looked after by the bamboo fabric, which is hypo-allergenic. The eco-friendly bamboo fibres are more gentle than many manmade fibres and do not irritate the skin in the same way. Better still, the bamboo we use is 100% organically grown, so there are no traces of pesticides or other chemicals close to your skin.
When we first started selling this product, I must admit I was a little dubious about the claims. But I had the perfect guinea pig to try this on. I had a long time patient who had many issues with his socks and foot odour. This lovely guy was working 2 jobs to support his family. He usually did close to 15 hour days, and wore work boots. When he came in for his feet to be done, his skin would always be waterlogged, it was white and mushy, and the smell was incredible. Now I have treated patient for 25 years, and have smelt a lot of feet, but this poor guy won first prize! It even made me sick when he took his shoes off!
Now this guy was not dirty, was not really a sweaty type, but because he had his feet encased for 15 hours a day in boots, they would sweat. He would change socks at least twice a day, and use every type of anti-perspirant known to man to deal with this, but to no avail! So I got him to change to the bamboo socks, there are a range of socks from business socks, to work socks, etc. We got him the workmen ones, and saw him in another 2 months.
2 months ticked along, when he arrived, he had a big smile on his face, took off his shoes, and NO ODOUR! I kid you not, there was no cloud of foot odour hanging around in my room, and his skin was perfect, no white, mushy pitted skin that I was always trying to debride, and it cut like rubber, so I could never get a nice smooth finish. His feet were perfect. Needless to say, this will not happen in every case, but we found out once this product was used by this patient, he actually didn’t have any foot conditions for us to deal with. So he has now drifted into the sunset, with beautiful, dry and odour free feet!
We decided this month to offer a special on our Bamboo socks to see if they can help your foot problem, as you can see from our flyer, it is a great offer, but remember, we have limited stock, and this ends at the end of May, so first in best dressed.
Thanks for reading, Narelle